Friday, June 3, 2011

The Post-It Question

Jenny asks a Post-It Question on today's #Trust30 prompt.

My question would be: How can I remain true to myself and what is within me in the face of all my responsibilties, new job, children, home, taking care of others?

I think of Kierkegaard quoted in Carson McCullers's Clock Without Hands: "

“The greatest danger, that of losing one's own self, may pass off quietly as if it were nothing; every other loss, that of an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc., is sure to be noticed.”


My response after 48 hours will be updated here.


Update 6/6/11: OK. I lied. More than 72 hours, and haven't really thought specifically of this question, though maybe through answering the other questions I am, in part, living this question. There is still so much work for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment